Friday, November 02, 2007

A Very Sad Day


Today is a very sad day here at the Demaree household. Our little black dog named Baxter has passed away. He was born in the state of Illinois 11 years ago. He was brought to Indiana by my daughter Sandy. He lived with her for a few months them came to our home and has brought 10 years of joy to Betty and I. He was Betty's dog from the start but when she was away he made up with me. He did not like thunder and would climb on my lap when storms came, he would beg setting up at my feet when I had my lunch and always gave him a few crums. He was my red dog K.C.'s sidekick. I'm sure K.C. will miss him as much or more than we. I have had dogs all of my life and each time I loose one I have to cry as they are part of our family. Baxter will be missed greatly.