Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Old may be the best

My son showed up today with a new notebook computer just out of the box. It was loaded with Vista and I couldn't wait to connect it to my WiFi (wireless) network. I fiddled with this unfamiliar OS for more than 20 minutes trying to log on, finally poof I was on, what I was doing wrong I haven't a clue. The 3D stuff that popped up all over I could do without, also with almost every key punch a balloon appeared telling me "are you sure you want to do that". Sure I wanted to do that or I wouldn't have clicked or pushed enter. There may be a way to shut all of this garbage off but I didn't get that far. We loaded a mapping program and with the loading of the 2nd CD it crashed the system. I guess I'm an old fuddy-duddy but I think the next computer I get will be home made with XP loaded for the OS. I was not impressed with Bill's latest mess.