Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Verizon nightmare resolved

I returned to the home of the young lady who was having slow download speeds and mail problems with Verizon DSL. To sum up, the download speed is up where it should be now, but the Windows mail still would not receive mail. I changed a few settings but it still would not download. I told her she could use the browser to read her mail from the Verizon Web Page, but this was not a fix. I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my mail cliant and decided to download and install it just to see if it would work. After the install and set-up it worked perfect. So I ran her threw the basics on how to use it and home I came. This was the fault of Vista or the Microsoft Mail program, not sure of the problem but Thunderbird was the work around. Don't install Vista till you must !