Friday, August 17, 2007

get off the crack

My phone has been ringing off the hook with people wanting to know about email Spoofs and Phishing. Here is a page that covers eBay and PayPal spoofs. These are the most common but there are loads more. Read this:
http://h1.ripway.com/pi_r_square/nospoof/index.html
A lady called just awhile ago to tell me she received an email telling she had just bought a camera from eBay and the payment was in question via PayPal. She tells me she has no eBay account and no PayPal account. My reply was hit the delete button. If you do not have an account how can you confirm your user name and password. Ebay, PayPal, or any other will "never never ever" ask for your password. Don't fall for these phishing trips and spoofs. Out of my 100 plus emails I receive each day at least 5 are spoofs, some are real good ones and I have to laugh to think that someone would revel this information to a company or widow in Liberia Africa who wants me to transfer money from her dead husband's bank account. Get real, and get off the crack, just hit delete !