Friday, March 29, 2013

MOTOROLA SB6121 SURFboard Cable Modem



Comcast Cable a few days ago upgraded their Internet speed, but you have to have a new modem to take advantage of the speed. I ordered the Motorola SB6121 and attempted the install. The easy way did not work so I had to call Comcast. The first call lasted about 35 minutes before I was disconnected. The seconded call lasted about 5 minutes. Comcast was to call me back and keep me in the cue. They did call back but the young lady switched me to someone else. I listened to music and advertisements for 30 minutes. Finally a very nice man came on the line and after 45 minutes I was up and connected to the internet. This long wait is common with Comcast, but what can you do? The speed jumped from 30 to 55 after the install. I am among the few that needs this speed, most would not. But if you want the very fastest and want to spend $77 and go threw the hassle to set it up I can recommend the SB6121 SURFboard.
Get it from New Egg or I'm sure at Best Buy or other local computer dealers.