Saturday, March 09, 2013

My mind wonders

I just finished watching a TV show on the science channel. A lot of the things they talked about was very hard for me to understand or for that matter even imagine.  My mind wonders at times about things that I'm sure most never considers. I often think if we are not the only life in the universe and they travel to earth what would it be like for us here. I think of an ant hill located in my lower yard. This ant hill is about 1/2 mile from Versailles. Do you think the ants even know there is a town 1/2 mile away. The distance to them is unthinkable. To the ants I am the alien that walks to the lower yard. I stand at a distance observing them, now I decide I don't think I like a very large ant hill in my yard. First I kick at it and the ants try to repair the damage. Do the ants even know I exist  or cause them a threat? I bet not. A few days later I am mowing the yard and mow past the ant hill. I deside I do not want the ant hill in my yard anymore. I park the running lawn mower over the ant hill for about 15 minutes. When I move the mower the ant hill is leveled and the ants are no where to be seen. Now the ants are gone from my yard, but were they hurting me, no I just decided I don't like this lower class life in my domain. This could happen when the space ship from another universe lands on earth and decides they don't like our human race bothering them as we would be like the ants to us. Another way this could turn out. We all like our pets. They may try to teach us tricks or provide us with a better life just like we do with our cat or dog. As I said my mind wonders, think about it......... Jack