Thursday, November 16, 2006

A small community - Its nice

I just wanted to tell you how great it is to live in a small community. Two days ago I noticed a puddle of water next to my furnace. I looked for something that had spilled and found nothing. I looked up at the flue pipe and it was as dry as a bone. I have a water softener but it was OK also. I scratched my head, I was stumped. I moped up the water and waited a few hours. I checked it and there was more water, where is it coming from ? Do furnaces make water ? I called a heating & airconditioning company in Friendship, just a few miles from my home. I got their answering machine, so I left my phone number and name. In only 10 minutes my phone rang and the man said we are just about 2 miles from your home and could they stop to see if they could see what the problem was. I said sure and began making a path to the cluttered furnace room. They were here in about 5 minutes, had the front off the furnace and said, here it is. A simple hose was pluged that carried the water to a drain. I said what do I owe you, nothing he replied. I said well I think I will just buy your lunch handing a ten dollar bill to him. He did not want to take it, but I insisted by pushing into his shirt pocket. Now, all reading this that live in a big city, how much do you think it would have cost you to have your furnace fixed ? In a small town, everyone may know your business but about everyone will help you if you are in need. And yes, I will buy my next furnace or air conditioning unit from Stutler in Friendship, Indiana. Great people and company.

No comments: