Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Beacon Report

5 watts to a 1/2 wave vertical
As you know if you are a reader of this blog I installed a propagation beacon earlier this year. I have multiple reports of East / West propagation ranging from all over Europe to the West Coast ranging from California, Nevada,Washington, and Oregon  but never yet from North / South. Stations report of what they hear every day from Texas, Alabama, Florida, Canada, and others from North / South without any reports from my beacon. This seems very strange to me but It may change as the spiratic E season approaches nearing December. The Maximum Usable Frequency "MUF" has not been this high for years, today the flux was almost 160. This 11 year cycle has been very poor for propagation. Hopefully the high numbers will prevail for some time to come. Listen at 28.2995 CW for my beacon 24/7/365.
See the Flux numbers for today here