Friday, April 07, 2006

Pay as you go cell phones


Pay as you go cell phones are a great solution for folks with modest airtime requirements and a limited budget. In these situations, plans that allow you to pay solely for airtime can conserve cash when compared to standard plans with yearly commitments. Why pay a high monthly minimum when you need a cell phone just for emergencies or special occasions? Unfortunately, the pay as you go cell phone market is confusing …

Some pay as you go plans will cost more than a standard plan ... even if you aren't making calls.The key is to read the fine print. Some of the giant cell providers offer Pay as you go cell phones, but they also charge a daily use fee even if you never make a call. Read the small print.

I hardly ever receive or make calls from my cell phone, so it makes sense for me to pay just for the time I am using the phone. I shopped around and found that Tracfone sold online or at Wal-Mart was a good choice for me, but may not fit your needs. The cost of the phone was 20 dollars and came with 60 minutes of air time. You can buy units (minutes) at Wal-Mart or online. The units roll-over also. It figures out to be about $10 a month for the way I use the phone, but may be more for you.

As I said above I do not use the phone very often, but boy when you need it, there it is.

One thing I'd like to say before I end, If you come upon a traffic accident STOP, put your hazard lights on and get off the roadway if possible. Check to see if anyone is hurt, then call 911. So many pass the accident then call 911. Not knowing if there are injuries just delays help till the first policeman arrives on the scene.

No comments: