Monday, July 11, 2011

No moon

As you read before I am doing Moon Bounce on the 2 meter band. The problem is the moon is not always visible in the sky or it is behind the trees in my yard. "What to do"? simple download JT65HF. This software is like the EME program, it is used for weak signals on the 6 meter band and below (160 to 6). The object of the game is to use as low of wattage as posible. I use 5 watts because that is as low as my transmitter will go. I'm even using an antenna not ment for 20 meters. You can decode signals that you cant even hear coming from the receiver speaker. I have worked stations in all parts of the world. If you are a tech class operator you can use it on 6 and 10 meters. If general or above 20 meters (14.076) is the place to be. You will need a computer sound card interface and ofcourse a computer. I loaded it on an old slow computer that I used for PSK31 and the program works perfect.I tested it in receive with my little net book and it decodes fine. If you are like me, you want to try everything new, so download the software and give it a try.
Get it here (its free)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jt65-hf/files/jt65repair.exe/download