Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Flip Video Recorder


I'm a sucker for any new device that I may find fun. A trip to Wal-Mart was my downfall today. I came home with a Flip Video recorder. It is small, easy to use, and the video it produces is above average . I did find if you buy it online it is a wee bit lower in cost, but if you know me, I can't wait. It comes in colors and being a big tough guy I passed up the pink and got the black one. It will record either one hour or one half hour depending on the model you choose. The one I bought was the 1/2 hour model. It comes with light or trial software that is pretty poor, but you really don't need it as you can copy your master piece from the camera then edit or play it with about any AVI compatible software. A rookie may want to use the provided software though. I would advise you to buy a USB extension cable as the stubby USB connection could break off very easily. I have only shot a few test movies inside the house, but in the morning I will shoot a few outside. I think I'm going to like this gadget for YouTube and eBay productions. Read more at:
http://www.theflip.com/products_flip_video.shtml
I'll post a video in the morning so you can have a look see - and here it is:

See all of my videos at:
http://wb9otx.com/youtube/