Saturday, December 24, 2005

My Hopewell

A little more than a year ago I received a phone call from a young lady wanting some advice on creating a Web Page for her church. She said she new very little on the subject. I thought this was going to be a nightmare, and I would have to code it for her. I told her to come to my home and I would do my best to help. I tried to explain the basics in layman terms the best I could on the complete process. I told her what software was needed to do the job at hand. I told her to call for anything she got confused or stuck on. I expected my phone to ring off the hook, but you know what ? no calls, that is only one telling me to look at what she had set up on a test site. I looked at it and I was amazed to say the least. There it was and it looked very professional, She had coded and FTPed it up to a temporary location. I looked it over and gave her a few thoughts on the page and obtaining a domain name from a company that I use. In a few weeks she had cleaned up the code and dressed the page up slightly, It looked very nice. I just could not believe the hard work and the amount of time she had invested. Believe me, to start from grown zero and not understanding how the programs work or even knowing any of the terms or buzz words, it was hard work to do what she did in the short amount of time. I look at this page about once per week to see the updates and changes added.

Pastor David Shivers of Hopewell Baptist Church should be very proud to have Mrs. Melissa Menchhofer as his Web Master. Look at her work at: http://myhopewell.org You also may want to email the Paster at: hopewell@seidata.com and brage on what a nice page it is.

No comments: