Monday, June 09, 2014

Everybody knows that ???

I was with a small group of people, one said today is "D" Day. I replied yes a very important day in history. One replied that's the day that Eisenhower dropped the atomic bomb on Germany. I said are you nuts, Pres. Truman authorized dropping the atomic bomb on Hiroshima Japan. The bomb's code word was Fat Boy, The plane that carried the bomb was The Enola Gay named after the pilot's mother. The pilot was Colonel Paul Tibbets. All three friends said Eisenhower was the president and the bomb was dropped on Germany. To make a long story short I had to go home get my laptop computer and look up the facts on http://en.wikipedia.org/. I know History is a favorite past time of mine but gee whiz, everyone should at lest know Gen. Eisenhower was the supreme commander on the D Day landing of Normandy. Also Truman was vice pres. taking over pres. when Roosevelt  died in office. Truman was president when WWII ended in 1945.