Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Aug 14th is VJ Day

I ask my wife, "Do you know what today is"? She said,"garbage day, don't forget to put it out". On August 14th every year I try to ask this same question to a few people I meet during the day, very few answer VJ day. I feel Peal Harbor Day and VJ day are little known to our younger people. I am so disappointed that no WW II history was taught in school. So take about ten or so minutes to see a video and read a few paragraphs about this famous day in our country's history and ask a few people on the 14th, "Do you know what today is", You then can tell them, Why its VJ Day, the end of WWII. 

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Instrument_of_Surrender
The Japanese Instrument of Surrender was the written agreement that established the armistice ending the Pacific War and with it World War 

Douglas MacArthur Signs agreement (click to enlarge)

See a video of the ceremony aboard USS Missouri that took place on September 2, 1945.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2384327550463473694I.