Saturday, February 23, 2008

Feb. 23rd, 2008 9:00 AM Ice & Snow


I was just outside to start the car to remove the ice from the windshield. My poor old Cad has to set outside because my wife's car has seniority. I pulled, pried, and kicked but the driver side door was frozen solid. I went to the passenger side and after a few pulls it came open. I crawled across to the driver side and started her up and returned to the warm house. I let it run about 20 minutes with the heater running full blast. I went back out but the door still was stuck tight. I shut the engine off and came back inside. I don't need the car till noon, about two hours away. I shoveled some loose gravel over the ice on the drive hoping it would give Betty enough traction to get to the main road. You see she has this life or death baby shower to get to and must pick up the cake at 11:30 in Madison. She made it !

I have a little bit of a cold but not bad enough to cancel out my cheeseburger and frys at the Legion at noon. I just hope I can make it out of the driveway myself. May be my door will be thawed out by then.

There is about 4 inches of snow with an inch of ice on top of that. You can walk on top without breaking threw. Yes, with all of this bad weather to cope with I still would not want to live anywhere else, wait , may be Cayman Island, BWI. Oh I can't afford there, forget I said that.