Sunday, September 02, 2007

Nightmare marches on Part 2

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this new laptop running Vista. I have a much more complex computer setup in my home than most ever would. I have a cable modem, a router/switch, a 4 port switch, a G access point, and two B access points. This connects five desktops and three laptop computers all on a network. The problem I was having with the new Vista laptop was holding or just making connection on the wireless network. The two XP connected laptops worked (connected) perfect. I was blaming the Vista laptop for the connection problem, but maybe I was mistaken as after resetting & rebooting all of the access points it is connecting and staying connected. I do not know if it was the access points or the computer that was at fault, but it all seems to be working as it should now. I'm getting more at ease with Vista as time passes but there is a great deal more to learn. I would tell you, "Do not try to upgrade your XP computer to Vista". It will be bad enough when you must buy a new computer with the Vista OS installed. Vista may not be all that bad if you never used Windows 98 or XP. It is just a new way to get to the same place. The biggest complaint I have is some, not all, of my XP programs do not run at all or if they do they do not run correctly. As time goes on new programs will be written for Vista and this will be corrected, just have to wait I suppose............Jack