Saturday, January 14, 2006

All good things must come to an end

Symantec has agreed to acquire Sygate Technologies, Effective November 30th, 2005 all Sygate personal firewall products will be discontinued. This is very bad news to a lot of broadband internet users. I have used Sygate firewall for a number of years and now its gone for good. I felt it was the very best on the net. Symantec the publisher of "Norton Internet Security 2006" wants you to buy it now. Let me make a tall statement, "Norton Internet Security 2006" is the biggest mastake you can make if you load this software on your computer. Why, "Slow Slow Slow, then slower". After you plunk down 40 bucks and install it you must provide a password, and yes you will forget it. You can't get it off without it, that is unless you format the drive. Don't buy it. There is a few other free titles such as Zone Alarm, one I never liked but lots of users do. I still have Sygate loaded on all of my computers and I guess they will remain till I find them not working anylonger or till I find a replacement. If I find one I like for free, you will read about it here. Here is some other information on the buy-out:
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5835431.html?tag=nl

No comments: